New for 2009
- * Saab XWD cross-wheel-drive system available on 2.0T models (as of October 2008)
* More powerful 280-horsepower (209 kW) engine on Aero models
* Electronically controlled rear limited-slip differential (eLSD) standard on Aero V-6 XWD
* Aero-type appearance and performance package available on 2.0T “Sport” FWD models
* Carbon-fiber interior finish trim on Aero Sport Sedan and SportCombi
* OnStar 8.0 hardware with Turn-by-Turn Navigation* and Bluetooth hands-free calling
* Matte chrome finish roof rails available on Aero SportCombi model
* Sleeker roof rail design for SportCombi model
* New 17 x 7-inch wheel on 2.0T XWD-equipped models
* Newly designed 17 x 7.5-inch, five-spoke alloy wheel, standard on 2.0T 1SD, Aero Convertible models
* Available additional convertible top color: Grey
* Exterior colors: Carbon Grey Metallic, Glass Grey Metallic (all models) replace Parchment Silver, Smoke Beige (all models)
2009 SAAB 9-3 RANGE expands XWD CROSS-WHEEL-DRIVE TECHNOLOGY to 2.0T Sedan AND SPORTCOMBI, MORE POWERFUL V-6 Engine on AERO MODELS AND NEW 2.0t ‘sPort’ MODEL
Fresh from the major exterior redesign it received for the 2008 model year, the Saab 9-3 range broadens its customer appeal for 2009 with available XWD cross-wheel-drive technology on 2.0T Sport Sedan and SportCombi models, a more powerful, 280-horsepower (209 kW) engine on all V-6 Aero models, and a new, available Aero-look exterior appearance package for 2.0T Sport models.
Other enhancements include interior trim, roof rail and wheel changes, as well as new, standard OnStar 8.0 hardware that enables Turn-by-Turn Navigation (available in late 2008) and Bluetooth hands-free calling capabilities.
For 2009, the Saab 9-3 range includes the 9-3 Sport Sedan, 9-3 SportCombi and 9-3 Convertible in 2.0T and Aero models. XWD technology is standard on Aero Sport Sedan and
Intelligent all-wheel drive
Originally available in the 2008 model year only on the V-6-equipped Turbo X or Aero Sport Sedan and SportCombi models, Haldex Gen 4 XWD cross-wheel-drive technology brings additional functionality to four-cylinder 2.0T models while preserving the fun-to-drive attributes and Scandinavian sensibilities that characterize Saab vehicles.